Sunday, September 30, 2012

Protein Packed Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream



Protein Packed Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream











What you will need :0)


1/2 cupLow fat cottage cheese
1/2 cupPlain low fat Greek yogurt
1 cupLowfat almond milk, skim milk, or milk of choice
5Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
1/2 cupPumpkin (canned)
1 tspCinnamon
1/2 tspPumpkin pie spice
No ice cream maker!?! No problem! I have provided an alternative method to make this chilly treat, no ice cream maker required!

Nutrition Breakdown

2Servings
101Calories per Serving
2 gFat per Serving
10 gCarbohydrate per Serving
1.6 gFiber per Serving
5 gSugar per Serving
13 gProtein per Serving





I love making homemade frozen yogurt in my ice cream maker, so I am always sad when I have to put it away at the end of summer. This year, I decided I would keep it out year round…I mean what’s better than a protein packed frozen yogurt treat at home!?! So, I decided that I would put my favorite fall flavors into my favorite ‘cheesecake’ frozen yogurt base, which turned out to be out of this world good! Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream that is actually healthy…Yes, you heard it here first! I’m thinking something peppermint may be coming in the season to come! 

Method

1

Combine all of the ingredients (except for food coloring) in a blender (or food processor), and blend until smooth.Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25 minutes, or until it becomes a  ‘frozen yogurt’ texture. Serve immediately or return to freezer to firm up for another 20-30 minutes and enjoy!

                  If you don’t have an ice cream maker, no problem! Just blend all of the ingredients together, and place everything in a covered container. Place container in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment